Thursday, October 11, 2007

Red Velvet Kit Album Cover

Last month I received an album-cover kit from the Red Velvet Kit Club, called "My Soft Landing Place," (designed by Jacqueline Yeo).

While I love papery crafts, and tried my hand at knitting last year, I don't sew or even own a sewing machine, but I thought I'd stitch the cover together by hand. Very slowly, as it turns out. I sewed a house here and a button there, each night for a week. And I followed pattern to the tee (figuring this was not the time for me to get creative on my own)!

To be honest, I had a hard time figuring out the directions and made some mistakes along the way (like sewing the whole thing closed, but inside-out, on accident). And since I didn't like the plastic album that was supposed to go inside, I tweaked the shape to fit a paper album from a previous RV kit. But yee-haw. I do declare it came together in the end. Thanks Red Velvet Kit Club ladies!

No comments: