Friday, May 2, 2008

DIY Trivets

Indie Fixx posted this DIY not too long ago...on how to make a bowl/planter with recycled magazines. Last week I desperately needed to relax...which led to me making a trivet out of last month's Entertainment Weekly (but not the Tina Fey edition -- she's too cool to be recycled). All that's required is a magazine & a glue gun. These babies are solid -- like a hockey puck. And I should warn you that making one, or even the larger project of making a bowl, may give you hand cramps as you hold the round together while the glue is drying. And if you're clutzy like me, you may burn your fingers on the glue or the gun. Otherwise, a piece of a cake. Given the clutzy thing, I probably won't use this as a trivet. Instead, I'm thinking I may string a few together with wire and hang them in the window. In the spirit of Dooce, I'll call it art.

No comments: