Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Funny Valentine

Thought I'd share these before February ends. Neither Chris nor I are big Valentine's Day people, as you may know. But, we had tickets to see Rufus Wainwright in nyc on 2/14, so we gave in and made a night of it. That evening we stumbled onto the best sushi EVER (at the Haru in midtown).
The trip wasn't perfect. We drove into the city late, grabbed dinner quickly, ran to the concert, met up with Anne & Ashley, crashed in midtown, woke up before dawn, and headed back so that I could teach in Providence the next morning. We're not as young as we used to be and we won't be doing that again.
Our visit included a celebratory evening with Anne & Ashley. Anne had been hoping to hear back about a job at Creighton University in Omaha. She was offered the job earlier that day and announced it to us when we arrived. I couldn't be more happy for her. Selfishly, I'm sad that she'll be moving futher away, but *so* happy that she's headed off to, what sounds like, the perfect job.

No comments: