Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sewing Slippers

I picked up this cute fabric at Michael's last night & I thought that today would be a good day to try my second sewing project (ever) -- handmade tie-up slippers. Notice the fabric I started out using, which did not end up in the final product.
Major discoveries had today: Do not ask me to sew in a straight line. There will be problems. Do not ask me to do algebra ratios so that the pattern fits my foot, unless I am allowed to ruin lots of fabric with 3 start-up versions that are too small (What a waste!). And, as it turns out, I am apparently befuddled by patterns with limited pictures (thank you Sarah for deciphering!).

After finishing one slipper (below), I need a stiff drink. Looks good you say? But have you seen the dreadful side view? (further below). The dreadful side-view. You gotta love the little pointed heel!

No comments: