Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Coach Jack Phillips

Sweet piece of nostalgia. This is my father's baseball team in college (1968). My dad, who is a total stitch (when he's not being ornery), is sitting in the front row, third from the right. He sent this to me because his coach (sitting next to him, second from the right) was Coach Jack Phillips, from the 1947 World Series-winning Yankees. Clarkson College recently named their new stadium after Phillips. Note: My dad was wearing those horned-rimmed glasses as I was growing up (he now has contacts). They're somewhat sheik now. Claire's dad on NBC's Heroes is sporting a nice pair.

It is truly amazing that after all these years I still hear new stories like this about my parents --they're not big reminiscers, so the stories trickle out slowly. The few I have heard, however, are great. I, in contrast, have converted all major & amusing events in my life (meaning, all of them) into captivating stories that my friends have heard ad nauseum.

No comments: