- 1 package (17.3 ounces/2 sheets) puff pastry, defrosted (1 sheet needed)
- Good olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 sm. garlic cloves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T dry white wine
- 1 tsp.minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2 T freshly grated Parmesan, plus 1 oz. shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 2 oz. garlic-and-herb goat cheese (recommended: Montrachet) (or, plain)
- 1 large tomato, cut into 2 (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 1 T julienned basil leaves (we were out of basil)
1. Preheat oven at 425F. Saute onions and a bit of garlic in olive oil (at the end, add S&P, white wine, thyme).
2. Use 1 sheet of puff pastry (defrosted), flour a board & roll out into an 11" sq. With a knife, trace two 6" (diameter) saucers & cut out 2 circles. Place them on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
3. With a knife, score a 1/2" border from the edge of each circle. Poke fork holes throughout the middle circle - they'll close up if they go all the way through.
4. In the center of the circles layer: Reggiano Parm. (1T grated for each tart), Onions (divided), 1 oz. of goat cheese on each (split into lumps), 1/2 " thick tomato slice.
5. Brush both tomato slices with olive oil. And top with chiffonade'd Basil cut & a few large Parmesan shavings (via. a veg. peeler).
6. Salt & pepper the top. Bake for 20-25 min. Let cool & cut into wedges.
** For more recipes: RedPepperFlakes Recipe Archives.