Thursday, December 6, 2007

Craftland

A year ago, in the freezing cold, I dragged a few people down to BUST's Craftacular in Brooklyn to support the handmade/arts movement. The gymnasium-like place was completely packed and a bit suffocating. Luckily they had a bar attached to the craft room.

Last night I bribed Chris (with a trip to Haruki) into running through Craftland with me in downtown Providence. Such an improvement from Craftacular, Craftland is a single store filled with work from a variety of local artists. Manageable, spacious, and an attractive place to shop. I even got a "this place is nice" out of Chris. I know he'll be going back, which is a good thing, since Chris has volunteered to do the bulk of our holiday shopping this year (!) (he's very good at it) and I'm responsible for the cards, wrapping, & our homemade part of the gifts. But because I couldn't resist, we did pick up a few things last night and a set of note cards (for me, sort of). These were screen printed by Sarah Parrott. I picked them up because the design is overall simple and clean, but the trees are very intricate and delicate. Lovely.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Amy, I am so glad you liked my cards! I am so flattered for such a nice post on your blog :) Isn't Craftland amazing? I did so much shopping there. Sarah