Monday, December 3, 2007

Shopping Handmade (a more serious shopping guide)


My last shopping guide wasn't really serious, so I'm being more serious (my forte) this time. Here are a few handmade goodies that are actually worth getting (as opposed to plastic stocking stuffers) for your shopping pleasure:

Branch Zip Tote $34 from Three Potato Four. Oddly enough, I like this tote because it would perfectly match the cloth napkins that Anne & Ashley bought us as a housewarming gift when we moved here. Not sure how they could be used together though. Maybe a picnic? (found through IndieFixx)

Not handmade, but over the summer, I almost bought these Folk Dinner Plates $36 by Thomas Paul at the Curiosity Shoppe. They were going to be for my mom, but they wouldn't really work with her kitchen & china. Still, they're lovely. (the Curiosity Shoppe also has the paper pinhole camera mentioned earlier, but for $25. A deal?)






Finally, I've been eyeing the prints sold at The Black Apple Etsy shop all year. When they popped up on Elsie Flannigan's blog (pic shown) I realized that a set of 4 would look even better than a single print. I'd choose a different set of 4 though. Each print is so expressive and charming without being cheesey. My favorites: the Pirate Girl, Little Enid, Mysterious Genevieve, and the Rock N Roll set of 2 prints. I considered buying the Rock N Roll set for our new niece who is due at the end of this month, but its probably too early. And buying something for someone else's wall is tricky. Home decor can be a very personal endeavor. All the prints are so cute!!

No comments: