Monday, June 30, 2008

Leyla's Family Book

Latest project: A book for my niece Leyla (instead of merely, a book of Leyla).

Anissa wanted Leyla to have a book that, since they live in PR, enables Leyla to see her nyc/providence family's faces. Anissa's idea to use foam was a great way to make a (hopefully) baby-proof book. The foam sheets (from Michaels) came with adhesive backing. They're tough and sturdy, but a little difficult to cut cleanly. I guess I'd need a different cutting apparatus next time. And believe me, crafty mc-craft pants here has many a cutting apparatus! Not sure what would work better... And, I picked up a new product -- an acrylic sealant for photos & paper -- at my scrapbook store that protects the photos from moisture (perfect for a very young reader). The book was a great idea and, of course, a joy to make. Love you little Leyla!!

No comments: