Sunday, June 15, 2008

Night of Scrapbooking

This week I attended my local scrapbook store's Friday Night Crop--a 6 hour (though you could come and go as you like) chunk of time to spread out and crop in the store, whilst benefiting from a 15% discount on your purchases. I happily stocked up on fun paints (below) and vinyl Thickers, since I'm obsessed (can't wait for the Roller Rink line fabulous! to come in). And, I made friends with a very nice woman who's also going to be at Karen Russel's photography class later this month. Yea! A new friend!
At the crop, I started more pages than I finished. Alas. The sushi page (top) is of a recent photo and I still need write around the photo, explaining how Chris and I truly discovered sushi when we moved here last year. Sidenote: as much as I love Thickers, the velvet line (below), used to spell sushi, are AWFUL; they shed and the adhesive didn't work. These two pages (below) are for an old album I'm trying to finish (of 2001). I'm realizing that I really love the 12"x12" pages. They let the photos breathe.

No comments: