Friday, July 18, 2008

Sooo Fierce, Project Catwalk

Project Runway, I must confess, is a more recent obsession of mine. I justify this behavior because most of my friends would probably say that I'm a little too serious/intense for my own good & bringing in non-so-serious things into my life has provided much balance. And yes, I'll say it here and say it now. I loved Christian (the winner of last season). I don't care that he was annoying. I loved the drama. Fierce, baby.

Scrap in Style (SIStv) is having a contest called Project Catwalk, which ties scrapbook challenges to the the weekly episodes of Project Runway. The layouts must be submitted within 72 hours after the episode. This week's challenge required that two items (from a crazy list of household objects) be innovatively incorporated into an 8.5x11 layout (including a garbage bag, a bouncy ball, a paper towel...you get the idea). For my submission (see below) I chose a coffee filter (which I painted) & a piece of rubber cupboard liner (out of which I cut letters).
Points are earned cumulatively during the whole season of Project Runway. Here's the breakdown of how the weekly points are awarded:
Submitting a project/layout (5 pts),
Turning in layout within the first 24 hrs. after challenge is given (20 pts),
Turning in layout 25-48 hrs. after challenge is given (10 pts),
Using the "Bonus Product" (from the monthly kit) in your layout (50 pts),
Being selected as one of the four weekly winners (75 points).

The only real drawback from this contest is that you are awarded extra points if you use a particular object from the SIStv monthly scrapbooking kit (which, of course, = $). But other than that...how cute is this contest?

No comments: