Thursday, April 8, 2010

Recipe Rursday's Spring Grilling: Fish Tacos & Kabobs

Veggie kabobs, 3/20/10.

After Chris brought home the new grill, we had to feed our guest Brian K, something deliciously grilled: veggie kabobs & grilled shrimp on skewers + seasoned with salt & pepper only. I learned my lesson from over-doing it with herbs (see last July's Grilled Shrimp & Veggies). We also no longer over grill/cook the shrimp!
Fish Tacos, 3/21/10.

The next night we made a dish that I've only had at the hands of my masterful chef-friend, Ashley. Years ago, he made me my first fish tacos, on-the-grill and in corn tortillas. I remember that we watched Lost that night. I remember the dinner well...that's how good the tacos were.
My suggestion would be to pick up a hearty fish. We grilled tilapia (surprise), that was thick enough to hold together on the grill. Corn tortillas on the grill are so tasty. Add jalapeno wheels, shredded cheese, and avocado, then feast. Salsa works too. I also finally agree with the crowd that corn tortillas work better than flour tortillas for fish tacos.