- About 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained
- About 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cod loin fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle on at the table
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat the broiler and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut the tomatoes into 1-inch pieces and put them in a food processor with the olives and cheese. Process until you have a rough puree that holds together.
Rub the fillets with the 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle them with the salt and pepper. Arrange the fillets so there is space between them on the baking sheet. Cover the fillets with the tomato-olive mixture and slide them under the broiler, so the fish is about 4 inches from the heat source. Broil for about 5 minutes, until the fillets are just tender but are still slightly undercooked inside. Garnish with the parsley and serve. Pass the bottle of extra-virgin olive oil at the table.