Saturday, March 29, 2008

DIY Wall Art

On our way back from nyc last weekend, we stopped in at Ikea. I picked up a cheap roll of paper, that can be used as a disposable table cloth. Instead I turned some of into wall art. Projects like this can be so fun.
Step One: Buy interestingly patterned paper.
Step Two: Build a frame. Buy I picked up 4 1x1 posts at Lowe's, but used some lighter scraps from Jason (landlord)'s woodpile. The frame is about 55"x30". Jason cut the ends at a cross-angle for me as well, which helped significantly with assembly. One 1" screw at a diagonal through each corner, and I was ready to go. (Dad, thanks again for my power drill. Its one of the best gifts ever!)
Step Three: Attach paper to Frame. Cut the paper roughly the size of the frame, leaving at least 3" to fold over the edges of the frame. Staple the paper to the back of the frame, while stretching the paper taught across the front of the frame.
Final Step: Hang with a few tiny nails. C'est fini.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.