Monday, March 10, 2008

String of Flounder

The photo I scanned in this evening is of my grandfather. In this picture, he reminds me so much of my father, whose smile takes over his whole face in the same way. There's no date on this shot, and I'm not sure where the photo was taken, but I'm guessing the sound in NY or Maine where they went fishing and lobstering in the summers. Is lobstering a word?
**Addendum: The photo was taken on Dwyer's Island (which is attached to Vinal Haven), Maine, where the family regularly vacationed. The house in the background belonged to the Swears.' And the fish are flounder. Estimated date: Early 1950s (1950-1956).
1. Original Scan:
2. *Scanned in with Color Restoration:
3. Scanned in with Color Restoration & converted to black & white in PhotoShop:


*I'm partial to the second version, because it preserves some of the 'old photo' look.

No comments: