Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cards, Cat, & Belgium's Coolest Veggie

Had to take a little personal time there, but I'm back, baby! Back with the goods. So, we'll start off with some earth-shattering insights.
1. St. Louis is freezing in November. You were wondering about that, weren't you? I was very under-dressed last weekend, but it put me in the mood for the holidays. In the festive spirit, I made these cards (supplies were all from Right at Home, but I picked them up last Dec.). 2. Cats can drain your wallet. Willow had two vet visits this month about the tumor on her paw, and a biopsy which revealed irregular cells. Surgery is scheduled for December 1st. Poor cat. Total bill for all three visits? One month's rent, for me. Insanity.
3. And finally, Brussels sprout stalks are now available in your hobo grocery store. How cute is this? Tonight, balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts with Parmesan & toasted pine nuts.
[These stalks remind me of the classic Orla Kiely pattern. Who knew Brussels sprouts could be so modern?]

No comments: