Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hasselblad Part II

The old Hasselblad camera that was recently lent to me, if you remember, takes amazing photos (previous post). I was so excited to use it after the first set came back. So I took a roll on my birthday, a roll during my parent's visit, and a roll of our grape harvest in the back yard. Week after week I excitedly rushed off to the camera store to drop off and pick up the film (the film is sent off for processing, since it's uses 120 film), and each time I returned empty handed. Grrrrrrrr. Devastation.

Clearly I was loading the film incorrectly. The guy at the camera store even loaded a roll for me and that came back blank. And for four weeks, these blank rolls of negatives were floating around the house, mocking my presumptuousness about taking great photos.
Finally, a roll comes back with 4 photos on it--two were unsalvagable (a blurred shot & one cut off at the top). While it wasn't the 8-12 shots like it should have been, and they're a little fuzzy, I am thrilled. Yippee!! Progress!!

No comments: