Saturday, September 15, 2007

Why I don't need an IPhone

Last night I had my first close encounter with an IPhone. Because of the way that it called to my soul, I thought that today I would (seriously) consider the reasons why my partner should not buy me one for Christmas. Seriously. Because I'm afraid that he will and I already have so many techy toys. So, today's entry is for him.


The Top 5 Reasons why AmyLeigh should *not* get an IPhone:

#5. She's spoiled enough as it is. What happened to the "simple living" approach that she wanted to adopt after January's Global Outreach work? Are you going to let her be like Paris Hilton, who (post-jail time) wanted to "be a good example" for the young girls who watch her every move, but hasn't changed squat? Don't let that be Amy's destiny. Simple living, baby, let's bring it back.

#4. How sexy would it be if Amy's eyes were bloodshot & buggy on a regular basis?

#3. You know how clutzy she is. When Amy drops her new phone (you know she will), and it shatters into a heap on the floor, how are you going to console her? How are you going to call her the next day? How are you going to raise the moo-la to get her a new one?

#2. Money Issues. You are not Richy McRich Pants. Any extra cash we have laying around should go toward trips to PR to see our new niece (Expected Release: December 2007).

#1. Finally (and most importantly), an IPhone will add to the techy distractions she uses to avoid working on her dissertation. After getting this far, if she doesn't finish this degree, she will have wasted an inordinate amount of time & (her parents) money. And given her tendencies, you must know that she will be crazy-miserable. It could get really really bad. And therapy is expensive!

1 comment:

chipotle peppers said...

It sounds like your partner is a real push-over. Maybe your partner should get one and then you can use it when you get some work done on that sh*tballs dissertation. Just a suggestion.