Saturday, September 8, 2007

Weddings Past

It's important to get a running start at the "back to work" attitude. Sometimes it's even good to warm up. And then there's just plain old "I don't feel like working today," which is when I play with this:
My little side art-hobby is currently undergoing a transformation. I've always scrapped chronologically and in 8 1/2 x 11 albums. My friend Kristen once put a scrapbook where she grouped photos together based on how she felt about them. I thought she was insane and the Detective Monk inside of me screamed, "things must have an order!" I've always used lots of photos per page (so to get through the year), coordinated the colors of the paper, lettering, matting, etc., used subject-related stickers as accents, and aimed for visual symmetry on every page.

But I've more recently witnessed scrapbooking created as an artistic endeavor (as opposed to merely a crafty hobby) and have been inspired to break away from my old way of doing things. In reading Kristina Contes' blog, I found that pages can truly be aesthetically beautiful. From there I became obsessed with the gorgeous pages inspired by Hambly products and bought the August paper kit "Hollywood" (my first kit) through the Red Velvet Kit Club, to help me break some old habits. Here are the results so far:

Lisa Bayley's wedding (Oct. 2001).

No comments: