Thursday, January 8, 2009

Recipe Rursdays: Potato-Crab Salad

I made this potato salad back in October after seeing something similar on Bobby Flay's show. His included warm crab meat, cilantro, & jalapenos (which we didn't have) and my change-up only included throwing in a can of crab meat (which we did have in the house). The results were that it tasted quite a bit like a good standard potato salad & next time I'd spice it up.

Potato Salad (altered from the Food Network)
Bag of small red potatoes (10-15)
1 C mayo (I used less)
1/4 buttermilk (I used 2%)
2T Djon mustard
2T whole-grain mustard (I used a Tbsp of ground mustard)
1/4 C chopped fresh dill
1/2 C chopped celery (I skipped this)
1/2 C chopped red onion (I used a white onion)
1 can of crab meat
Salt & Pepper1. Potatoes: Bring water & potatoes to a boil, lower heat & simmer for 10 min. Place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot & cover with a kitchen towel, allowing potatoes to steam for 15-20 min.2. Meanwhile, whisk together the mayo, milk, mustards, dill & S/P.
3. Quarter the potatoes when they're cool enough to handle & pour the dressing over them while they're warm. Fold in celery (if you use it), onion, and drained crab meat.4. Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours (I think this last step is key). Serve warm, if desired. We ate this batch cold. Tasty.

No comments: