Pesto Salad Pizza
- Pesto (homemade)
- Veggies (onions, mushrooms)
- Cheese (feta preferred)
- Pizza Dough (refrigerated)
- I prefer a crispier crust (not dough-y), so we cook the rolled out pizza dough first for about 5 minutes, or so. This was a ball of dough we picked up at the grocery store.
- Saute any toppings that need sauteing. We sauteed white onions & mushrooms.
- Dress the salad (a bag of baby spinach would be perfect, we used mixed dark greens) with plenty of pesto . Pile it onto the pre-toasted pizza dough.
- Top your pizza with whatever you're adding (onions, mushrooms) and add cheese (optional). We used a little bit of feta. Keep in mind that the pesto is loaded with Parmesan so don't over do it.
- Finish cooking the pizza - 6 (or so) minutes.