Saturday, July 25, 2009

Garden on the Deck: Miraculous Pepper Resurrections

Habaneros Resurrected, taken 7/25/09.
I just finished my first week at a new job (yea!) and the newness of everything has exhausted me physically. Despite the crash, I still awoke 7am, Saturday morning in a flurry to clean up the deck & garden after neglecting it for a week. Lo and behold, the habaneros have completely resurrected themselves--a true miracle. Below is a photo I took when I was sure they had passed on. I even announced the death in a post! Once again, what do I know. The same plants are thriving beautifully now (above), though they may be a little behind; I have friends who have sweet and hot pepper plants showing peppers already.
The jalapenos have also survived (a flower has appeared on one) and the tomatoes continue to grow to outrageous sizes.
Jalapeno Flower, taken 7/25/09.Cherokee Purple Tomato, taken 7/25/09.