- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 1 small zucchini & 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- a pinch of hot pepper flakes
- a small handful of basil leaves, torn...
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
Roasted the squash first (as suggested) in a preheated oven (425F). Brushed with oil & sprinkled with salt & pepper, I roasted them for about 20 min., turning 1/2 way through. Mine didn't brown, so I'd go lighter on the oil next time.
For the pizza, crank up the heat and cook your dough 1/2 way through. (We used a local bakery's dough.) Then top with the shredded cheeses, then garlic, hot pepper flakes, roasted squash slices, torn basil leaves, and crumbled goat cheese. Bake pizza until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling, about 8-10 min. Let it rest. Even if for 3 minutes. Let it rest.
** For more recipes: RedPepperFlakes Recipe Archives.