Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dreaming of Spring

Last night I dreamt of fighting a wolf with a pillow, but this morning I'm dreaming of spring and gardens and CSAs (we're trying a new one this year -- possibly the Four Friends CSA).

My friend Elizabeth and I have picked up greenhouse boxes to start seeds indoors (80 seedlings each!) and now I just need to start planning out the timeline of what to plant and when. Here's the list: Repeats: Green Zebra tomatoes (some from last year's seeds, others bought), and German Red Strawberries, Spinach (from saved seeds), peppers (hopefully more this year, starting earlier) and herbs (Cilantro, Basil, and Thyme).
New Things: Lemon Cucumbers (seeds already purchased) and lettuce--Royal Oakleaf (or something like that).

The rest is TBD. Dreaming like I am?
Check out last year's kick ass garden: link here.