Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Day Card

Throughout my crafty space I have kitchy little labels and cards that have landed in my possession, from various sources. IndieFixx sent me a bunch of creatively designed business cards and tiny sample prints from some of the many artists they support. Others have come in promotional bags from Craftland in Providence. I've held on to most of those little bits & have started using them to make cards.
2/6/10.

This card I made out of white vellum and simply attached a promo print/card made by Kiss the Frog (now called 7 Keys Design). Her whimsical prints/designs can be found here. I added a little texture by sewing into the paper. Envelope (below): Handmade envelopes are easy peasy to make, once you get the hang of it (and a get a really good glue stick - like this one). I almost always use brown paper grocery bags. Some day soon I'll layout a tutorial, but there's no one-way or right-way to make them.And I just got word that Danielle and her friend are coming to town this weekend! I haven't seen her since last Feb...and I'm so glad she's coming!