- 1 pkg. "JIFFY" Corn Muffin Mix (Don't judge, people. 2 boxes for $1 at Stop&Shop)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 C buttermilk (I used what we had - 2%)
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 4 jalapeno peppers - cored, seeded & diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced (skipped this)
- 4 T margarine or butter, diced
This was a great dish. My only complaint was that it had too much moisture in the center of the bread. I'm guessing I could have baked it longer, or using buttermilk instead of 2% would've made the mix more thick (and easier to set). Or maybe it was not being able to whip the egg whites stiff enough. I was overruled by 2 people & told not to change a thing, but I'd change it up anyway. I'm stubborn like that.