Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Sheep

Easter is not actually a celebration of the Easter bunny or marshmallow sheep. Yet here I am with a marshmallow sheep cupcake recipe from FoodNetwork.

In the Christian church, of course, Easter is a remembrance of Jesus' death and the failings of the faithful that stood by as his friends. I never attended Christ's Church for Brooklyn when I lived in nyc, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for its pastor (Joe) and his partner (Laura)'s working-through of the Christian faith. I appreciate their recognition of the complexity and nuance required in being a thinking (as opposed to a mindless) Christian in a nation of many religious traditions and political ideologies. Last year, I remember Joe blogging about the Seder he attended. Today, and for the Easter holiday, my link share is Joe's blog.

** For more recipes: RedPepperFlakes Recipe Archives.